Photography courses for beginners- there’s no time like the present so let’s begin!
I guess you are at the point where you have your camera ready and wondering what to do next, whether you need to spend many hours reading about photography or contact a photographer or a friend that knows a thing or two about the subject. Fortunately there are many options to choose from these days and the obvious one for me was to enrol on an on-line photography course that would show me all the ropes of how to handle my camera.
Below I listed photography coursers for beginners that in my opinions are worth looking at as they will provide you with the basics that you need to know in fairly short period of time. All the courses have been carefully designed by professional photographers to educate, motivate and inspire a budding photographer like yourself from the very first unit. You will learn how to choose the equipment that’s right for you, understand shutter speed, aperture and composition, master light, how to edit your images like a pro and how to avoid the mistakes that most amateur photographers make.
The courses are suitable for:
- complete beginners with absolutely none or limited photography experience
- intermediate amateur photographers wanting to take their photography to the next level
- all others who wish to brush up their photography basics or enhance their technical skills and abilities
Please remember that I do not list the courses in the order of my preferences as in my opinion they are all worth mentioning and by providing a short description of each and every one of them I hope that it will help you to choose the one that would suit you, your learning method and your lifestyle.
- organised in 8 live and interactive lessons over a period of 4 weeks;
- webinars are scheduled twice a week and you will get a reminder email before each session; – very useful if you are a busy mum like myself 🙂
- an access to the recorded lessons even if you miss them;
- each unit has a test at the end so you have a chance to verify your knowledge; it is divided into divided into 4 theory and 4 practical lessons
- the course ends with a test and if completed successfully you will be awarded a diploma in photography internationally accredited by European Qualifications Framework and SCGF (Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework).
- the course is well organised and well structured and covers all the basics and beyond
You can find more details of the course and of each of the lessons here.
Shaw Academy offers many promotions and continually expands its offer so it is definitely worth checking it out!
Ultimate Photography Course by iPhotographyCourse.com
- an e-learning course which consist of 18 in-depth training units;
- all the course content is online and available 24hrs a day;
- there is no time limit on your learning i.e. you will still have access to all the units and the learning platform even after course completion so you always have an option to refresh your knowledge;
- full flexibility i.e. you can study it at home or anywhere else, at your own pace and availability;
- the course is fully cross-platform compatible with all tablet and mobile devices, including iPads and iPhones. It has its own iPad App that is available for a free download from the App Store and offers you an option of study the course offline too. It can also be viewed on any mobile or tablet device running the Android OS;
- on completion of the Ultimate Photography online training course you will be awarded with a genuine internationally recognised certificate accredited by IAO (International Accreditation Organisation) – personalised with your full name, final passing score, date of completion and a full list of the training modules you have completed;
The Fundamentals of the Digital Photography by CreativeLive.com
- the course consists of 113 video lessons in HD;
- you will get a lifetime access to the course content and availability to use is anywhere and anytime;
- possibility of streaming and download the files;
- it is available on desktop, mobile and tablet;
- there is an option to purchase the course as a gift;
- possibility to purchase Photography Beginner’s Bundle which includes: Fundamental of Photography, Adobe Lightroom CC Photo Editing: The Complete Guide, Practical Adobe Photoshop Basics and Understanding Light. You will learn not only the technical basics of photography but also start editing your images like a professional.
The Ultimate Photography Learning Experience by Clickphotographycourses.com
- fully interactive and on-line learning 18-module course designed for beginner and amateurs;
- you can study at your own pace and availability;
- member get a life-time access to the modules on their students dashboard, access to online library of other photography resources and possibility to contact other fellow students
- each module will take you step by step through hundreds of tips on various aspects of photography;
- each module ends with a test to verify what you have learnt and to unlock the next module to ensure effective learning;
- the course ends with a certificate of completion.
Click the following link to learn more about the course…
Digital Photography Fundamentals by Proudphotography.com
- no special skills required – the techniques you will learn are adaptable to any type of camera. You can be a total beginner in photography or experienced amateur;
- learn at your own time and pace;
- each student gets personal tutor assistance when they enroll in the class. Your tutor will be here not only to assist you during your studies providing constructive critique on your assignment photos, but he’s also happy to answer all your individual questions you may have. Even beyond the scope of the course
Basics of digital photography by Crftsy.com
- 9 Streaming HD video lessons with anytime, anywhere access
- Class materials that include Rick’s gear list and photography tips
- Hours of close-up instruction
- Closed captioning available (web only)
- Answers to student questions from instructor Rick Allred who studied photojournalism at New Mexico State University who helped to launch the digital program at Santa Fe Photographic Workshops in New Mexico
- for course overview and units description please visit the website
Fundamentals of Photography by Craftsy.com
- 24 Streaming HD video lessons accessible anytime and anywhere
- Class materials, including a complete course guidebook
- Hours of close-up instruction
- Closed captioning available (web only)
- the course is delivered by Joel Sartore who is a professional photographer and a regular contributor to National Geographic magazine
- for course overview and detailed breakdown please visit the website
- Craftlsy.com also offers many other photography course
Digital Photography School:
dPS has a fantastic website with plenty of photography tips and tutorials frequently updated, info about various cameras and equipment, photography books and various courses to suit different needs.
All the above presented courses will teach you what you need to know about photography. The course providers also offer many photography tips and advice so it is worth keeping them just a click away. I hope you found my description helpful and informative. Remember though that this is just the beginning so keep learning and discover even more opportunities around the corner.
Please drop me a line with your opinion. I am looking forward to hear from you. Cheers! 🙂